Paramedics respond to accident scenes, whether on the road or elsewhere, to lend medical assistance to accident victims. Their primary role is to provide pre-hospital advanced medical and trauma care. They resuscitate and stabilize critically ill or injured patients prior to transporting them to the hospital.
- Durban University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- University of Johannesburg
- Districts (public institutions)
- Universities (lecturing)
- Private (own practice)